README: This may also later be available in other
languages from temporary address http://www.berklix.com/deter/readme/
Your PC was discovered to be a
- If you don't know what a computer zombie
- part of a net of zombie PCs controlled by
criminals; probably they gained access to
your PC via a virus.
- That zombie net was or is being used by
criminals to attack server systems on other
parts of the Internet.
- That your PC may also still be working
for you too, does Not prove it hasn't been
zombied for emote control too. (Of course
zombie work can be done in parallel to user's
work, so user doesn't realise zombie
We disabled your network configuration
- To protect our associates (& others
in general ) from further abuse by criminals
controlling your PC.
- This may have also prevented your PC from
attacking other systems, for which you may
have been held liable by them.
- This may have also prevented your PC
contracting further viruses (additional to
what's already there).
- We have not changed any of your data
apart from to disable the network
Others, eg virus &/or zombie botnet
controllers may have changed, added to, or
deleted some of your data. We don't know,
have not looked & will not look.
We regret the necessitySimilarly to
- Police regret the necessity to stretch a
net of claws across a road, to disable wheels
of a stolen car
- You would regret the necessity to truck
dumping toxic waste on your land.
We Strongly urge you to
- Re-build or de-virus & de-zombie your
PC. Clean all files, file systems & disk
partitions, including all your removable
media eg CDROMS & USB memory sticks etc,
we suggest you also check if others of your
PC's have been zombied or virused.
- Do it Before you reconnect to the
- If you don't know how to, get
professionals to do it.
- We are Not trying to sell you fixing
services, It is is your own responsibility to
select your PC repairer & maintainer,
just like people select their own car
mechanic for accident damage repair, &
Sorry, but we can't recommend anyone, as
anyone in any country may receive this
message, we can only suggest you use some
other PC to search the internet for help,
& maybe contact your ISP = Internet
- Please take responsibility & do your
best to ensure control of your PC is not
again stolen from you by criminals, (just
like eg it's also your responsibility to lock
your car & not leave on street with keys
in ignition). Consider installing [better]
anti virus packages, passwords etc.
Do not reconnect your PC to the net until
zombie & virus[es] removed
- If you reconnect to the Internet Before
removing the zombie & virus[es] we or
others may take harder action, which could
- Harder hitting action to cripple your PC
software, eg perhaps removing numerous
programs so the PC will not boot or run
properly, (though even then we would try to
leave data files intact).
- Legal pursuit against you for
Do Not Consider Action Against Us
- All we did was de-activate your zombie
PC, After you had left it exposed, &
criminal seized control, & turned it to a
zombie to attack our associates.
- If you choose to escalate, we would have
to too. too.
- Don't waste your time or money using
lawyers, (our associates could out-sue them
anyway, countering for damages your zombied
PC(s) (that you failed to control), inflicted
against our associates' servers, plus costs
for de-activating your zombie).
- Better spend your time & money fixing
your zombied PC(s) that are currently remote
controlled by criminals.